Tuesday 8 March 2016

Visit Harlow Carr Flower Show - 11th June

I spoke to Liz from the Heatons WI on Sat who was telling me about a visit to Harlow Carr on Saturday 11 June. It's open to all local WI groups in order to make it viable. Anyone interested? 
Oh and did I mention there was a Betty's Tea Room on site!!!!!!
flower show

I asked her to send me more info  .....So If you are interested, please let me know at the next meeting.



............ We have chosen this date as it's their flower show with various stalls and the opportunity of buying plants etc. So I thought it may generate more interest.
So far I have had only about 8 people showing an interest. But I'm putting a sign up sheet at our next meeting in March. So we have probably got lots of spaces.
A coach has not yet been organised as I need more of an idea of numbers. A 49 seater coach works out about £10 per person and group rate entry on the day for more than 10 people is £9.
If we had to get a 29 seater it's a lot dearer. £356 for 29 as opposed to £485 for a few 49 seater.
We are happy to open it up to friends if it means filling the coach.
Please announce it at your meeting and guage interest and let me know.
Liz was going to announce it to Levenshulme WI and Angela is going to inform Didsbury WI also. Hopefully we can get a full coach between us.
Any queries please contact me.
Thanks
Karen Catchpole

No comments:

Post a Comment